Friday, August 20, 2010

Anniversary




Yesterday Korey and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. Korey, Maddie and I woke up and Korey made us breakfast sandwiches that were delicious. Then we hung out for a little and then got ready for a much anticipated appointment with our midwife. Our appointment was at noon and we would be able to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time. We were very excited and I had already envisioned the whole appointment in my head. After my midwife discussed how pregnancy was going and answered our questions she then did my physical exam. Last but not least she put the doppler ( the tool used to hear the baby's heartbeat) to my lower abdomen. After minutes of trying and trying and repositioning the doppler we did not hear our baby's heartbeat. Our midwife explained that it could be the position of the baby and to try not to worry and we needed to have an ultrasound at this point. At this point I began feeling a rush of emotions, but trying to stay strong as I had my little angel along with us and she understood what was happening. Korey was very calm and optimistic as always. The soonest I could be seen for an ultrasound was Thursday at 3:00 pm. Of course I wished I could just go right then and there, but there wasn't an opening, so my patience had another test. We prayed and tried to go on to have a normal day. Madeline had "Princess Dance Camp" at 4:30 so we took her there and after camp we took her to Nana and Grandpa Bob's house. Korey and I had planned to have a dinner date at Salty's on Alki, where our rehersal dinner was held 3 years ago, but I just didn't feel up to it. I needed comfort food and thought of the mizithra cheese spaghetti at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Korey agreed and we went there for some dinner and wonderful conversation. After dinner we picked up our little Madeline and went home and fell fast asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment