Friday, August 20, 2010

Oh Baby !

Wednesday August 18th was our anniversary. Thursday August 19th we had the ultrasound scheduled for 3:00 pm. Korey and Madeline came with me and we all went into the room together to see our little baby. Sure enough there was our little baby. Baby was very active, flipping around, not staying still for long at all. Baby measured exactly right on for it's expected due date of March 5th. Baby's heartbeat was very strong with a rate of 162 beats/min. In comparison to Madeline, she was always in the 160's, maybe it's another girl? Korey and Madeline sat right behind me during the ultrasound so they could see the monitor well.The minute I saw our little baby tears poured out, and Madeline and Korey had big smiles. We asked Maddie what she thought and she said, "It's just perfect", I don't think she could have said it better. I tear up thinking about this and writing this. I felt SO relieved and thanked God our little baby was as healthy as could be. We got 4 pictures from the ultrasound, as soon as I can scan them I will post them.

After our appointment we were all smiles and a happy family. We plan to celebrate again at Salty's in a couple weeks :). The rest of the afternoon and this evening/early morning I keep thinking about how mature and old my little Madeline has become. She comes with me to all of my midwife appointments and loves to know all about my pregnancy and our baby. I am cherishing this time with her and loving being able to share this with her. She calls herself, "big sister" and "little mommy", and I know she will be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment